At the request of receiving country governments, IOM provides an assessment of the physical and mental health status of migrants prior to their departure for resettlement, international employment, enrolment in specific migrant assistance programs, or to apply for temporary or permanent visas.
Book an Appointment
IOM Kazakhstan performs health assessments in Astana and Almaty:
- To make an appointment in the city of Astana, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (the UK and Canada)
- To make an appointment in Almaty, please email us at email@example.com (UK, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand)
Working hours: 08:30 - 17:00
The registration is done by e-mail. Due to an increase in the number of applications, the processing may take 3 business days.
- Sending personal data
- Payment info
- Provision of receipt
- Payment confirmation and provision of the nearest appointment slot
- Confirmation response from the client
Kindly take into consideration that all applications are processed in order of the waiting list.
Please keep previous correspondence for further reference.
Information Required in the Appointment Email
To proceed with the appointment, please, provide the following personal data in your email message:
- Last name, name of each individual requiring examination
- For which country the medical examination is requested (UK/CANADA/AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND)
- Medical case number (IME for Canada, HAPID for Australia, NZER for New Zealand, where provided)
- Visa type
- Pregnancy status for women (yes/no)
- Passport copy of each person who needs examination
- Contacts (email, cell phone number) / If the application is done by the agency, please provide the direct email of your client
- City of residence
- IIN (for applicants undergoing health assessment in Astana)
- Have you undergone medical examination previously in IOM? If yes, please indicate the date.
Health Assessment Information
You may find the information regarding the health assessment here:
- United Kingdom – https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/what-you-need-to-do (Tuberculosis tests for visa applicants)
- Canada – https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/results-by-topic.asp?top=4 (Medical exam)
- Australia – https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/health/who-needs-health-examinations (Health)
- New Zealand – https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/apply-for-a-visa/tools-and-information/medical-info/evidence-you-in-good-health (Evidence you are in good health)