Almaty Process Development Consultant
Duty station: Homebased
Closing date: 20 November 2019
IOM Subregional Coordination Office in Kazakhstan is seeking a consultant to develop the Almaty Process Development Strategy, containing:
Comparative analysis of the specific topics discussed at other RCPs, dialogues and organizations (e.g. EAEU and CIS) that have relevance to the Almaty Process agenda;
Description of the comparative advantage and niche that the Almaty Process should occupy;
Priority thematic areas based on the comparative analysis of the Almaty Process and other platforms/organizations were migration and refugee protection are discussed;
Long- and short-term development goals;
Best practices and international experience of other RCPs, organizations and platforms relevant to the development of the Almaty Process;
Funding modalities of the Almaty Process.
· Advanced University Degree in Political Science and/or other relevant field with at least 7 years of relevant professional experience;
· Ability to work with and attract the audience;
· Excellent understanding of migration and gender issues and related challenges. Knowledge of the Central Asian region and its migration and refugee issues is an advantage;
· Experience in working at or with international organizations;
· Experience in creating development strategies of organizations is an advantage;
· Experience in liaising with government authorities and diplomatic missions, as well as with international institutions;
· Experience of working with and/or familiarity with IOM and its project implementation principles is an asset;
· Strong analytical, research, writing, presentation and interpersonal skills;
· English – professional;
· Russian – professional;
· Proficiency in one of the Almaty Process member state languages is an advantage.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 November 2019. Please indicate the title of the position applied in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Position Title: Programme Assistant
Duty Station: Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 29 November 2019
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to e-mail email@example.com, by November 29, 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.